Rutgers University: Certificate in Peer Support
Please join us on November 21, 2019 from 5:00-7:00pm to learn more about the Rutgers University Certificate in Peer Support. Are you a mom who has experienced postpartum depression, a survivor of domestic violence, a veteran with PTSD, or someone in recovery from an addiction or mental health condition? Do you know someone with these life experiences who would be a wonderful support to another person in a similar circumstance? Reserve your space at the Open House
Fill out Registration From
Applicants to the Certificate in Peer Support will need to provide:
- Official college transcripts for the highest degree earned or High school diploma or equivalent
- Personal essay to include: Statement of self-identification as a peer (person with the shared lived experience of disability, trauma, and/or life circumstance), primary are of interest (population served), and reason for seeking certification in Peer Support
- Online SHP admission form
Successful applicants will receive email notification regarding acceptance into the certificate program with instructions on how to proceed to register for classes and how to submit documentation that is required.
For more information, contact Amy B. Spagnolo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance with the application or registration process, please contact email@example.com.
As a student in this certificate program, you are considered a non-matriculated student. Non-matriculated status is for individuals not currently admitted to any degree program offered at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, School of Health Professions. Financial aid is not available for non-matriculated students. Payment in full is required at the time of application/registration. Payment plans are not available. Appropriate, authorized vouchers from third party payers (e.g. government agencies, employers, etc.) are accepted and must be filed with the Center for Advanced and Continuing Education office before registration deadlines. You can reach the Center for Advanced and Continuing Education at 973-972-5454.
9 semester credits, online courses and practicum experience
- PSRT 1001 Introduction to Peer Support Principles and Practices – 3 credits
- PSRT 1002 Peer Support Helping Skills – 3 credits
- PSRT 1003 Peer Support Practicum – 3 credits
All credits can be applied to undergraduate course requirements for an Associate in Science or Bachelor of Science degree. Certificate can be completed in one year over three semesters.