Application deadline is April 1 for a Fall start.
This option is designed for applicants with a minimum of 60 college credits, or a graduate of an accredited 2-year allied health program. Applicants for this option must have completed either prerequisite 1 or 2 and the specific courses listed below.
Prerequisite 1 – graduate of an accredited 2 year Allied Health Education program, such as Nursing, Radiography, Dental Hygiene, etc.
Prerequisite 2 – completed approximately 60 college credits
- Human Anatomy & Physiology* I and II (3-4 credits, no lab required)
- Medical Terminology * (does not have to have college credits)
- College level Algebra or Statistics(3 credits)
- DXMS4160 – **Physics Concepts for Diagnostic Imaging Professional (SHP online certificate course) or any college level Physics course (3-4 credits)
- English (6 credits)
- A minimum grade of B- is required for Anatomy and Physiology I and II or the equivalent courses
- All students with a GPA of 2.85 and above are encouraged to apply. However, final consideration of GPA scores will depend on the pool of applicants.
- Suggested coursework: Introduction to Computers, knowledge of PowerPoint.
*It is recommended that these courses be completed within 5 years of application to program.
A minimum grade of B- is required for Anatomy and Physiology I and II or the equivalent courses.
All students with a GPA of 2.85 and above are encouraged to apply. However, final consideration of GPA scores will depend on the pool of applicants
**DXMS4160 – Physics Concepts for Diagnostic Imaging Professional (SHP online certificate course) or any college level Physics course (2-4 credits)
**Please call 908-889-2521 for more information on this course. To access the online registration form, click here.
Foreign Educated Applicants:
If you were educated outside of the United States, you must provide the following additional documents:
Official transcripts mailed directly from the foreign school. The school will also accept an official transcript if it is sent by the applicant but is in a sealed school envelope.
Official evaluation of your foreign transcript (grade by grade). You may obtain an evaluation by contacting World Education Services, Inc., at www.wes.org or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Official results of test scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam. Applicants must have a minimum TOEFL score of 90 on the Internet-based exam with minimum individual element scores as follows: Reading 20, Listening 20, Speaking 26, and Writing 24. The Computer-Based exam minimum score is 233 (equivalents of Internet-Based Scores).
Students must have the ability to travel to and from clinical sites.
Students must also meet the General Standards for Allied Health Education of Rutgers-SHP. These standards concern observational abilities, communication, intellectual/conceptual abilities, motor coordination, and behavioral and social skills.
Students accepted into the program must complete a CPR course for Allied Health Professionals prior to entering the program.