PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE
School of Health Professions
Speech-Language Pathology Program
Wednesday, February 10, 2021 5:00 – 5:30p
Due to COVID-19 this meeting will be held in Zoom format instead of in-person on campus
Please R.S.V.P. online via https://apps.shp.rutgers.edu/projects/slp/reg.cfm with your name, email address, phone number and Zoom name, if different from your full name. The Zoom link will be sent to those who R.S.V.P.
Rutgers University’s Master’s program in Speech-Language Pathology is currently under review for candidacy accreditation by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA). During the CAA site visit, the Speech-Language Pathology will host a public meeting wherein stakeholders are welcome to offer questions, comments, and concerns regarding Rutgers University’s Master’s program in Speech-Language Pathology national candidacy accreditation status.
Standards for national candidacy accreditation are available for review by:
- Mail request: Accreditation Office at ASHA, 2200 Research Boulevard, #310, Rockville, MD 20850
- Email request: Email comment/questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone request: Call the ASHA Action Center at 1-800-498-2071
- Direct download: Visit the URL http://caa.asha.org/wp-content/uploads/Accreditation-Handbook.pdf
We are inviting all interested parties (e.g., alumni, students, clinical supervisors/preceptors) to participate either though attending the Zoom meeting or by formally submitting written comments to the CAA in advance of the meeting. Per the CAA, the process/procedure for submitting comments to the site visit team in advance of this meeting is as follows below. Comments should be summited to:
Accreditation Public Comment
Council on Academic Accreditation in
Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA)
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
2200 Research Boulevard, #310
Rockville, MD 20850
email@example.com Fax: 301-296-8570
All comments provided must:
- Relate to a program’s compliance with the published Standards for Candidacy Accreditation of Graduate Education programs in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (Standards) in effect at the time comments are submitted, and
- Identify the specific program seeking candidacy, initial accreditation, or re-accreditation with the CAA. Rutgers University CAA #352 comments about education programs are due in the Accreditation Office no later than 15 days before the first day of the scheduled site visit.