The following are funding tools that will assist with locating funding from Federal, Private and Internal Sponsors:
- Grants.gov allows you to search program announcements from all 26 Federal grant-making agencies through an intuitive search engine. Searches can be saved and e-mail alerts can be set up to deliver notifications when programs within a specific area of interest are posted.
- Foundation Directory Online provides information on over 100,000 private funders, includes a searchable database of recent awards and allows users to sign up to receive email alerts.
- GrantForward is an award database available to Rutgers faculty, students, and staff that can be customized based on research interests, type of sponsor, type of award, and many other criteria. Quick guides and webinars are available under the support tab.
- Office of Research Development provides additional resources to find funding (Internal Rutgers Programs as well as featured funding opportunities and limited submissions).
- GradFund is a Rutgers service specifically for graduate students and postdocs searching for fellowship and grants opportunities.
SHP Research Office requires that Faculty advise of their intention to submit a proposal as well in advance of the sponsor deadline as possible. We will assist with reviewing Sponsor Guidelines and initiating the RAPSS funding Proposal. We will also assist with acquiring the proper internal approvals prior to the Office of Sponsored Programs (ORSP) 5 Day/2 Day deadlines.
In addition, Principal Investigators (PIs) are required to complete SHP Internal Routing Form for their research, service, or training grant submission, at least 8 business days before the sponsor deadline. The form is used as a tool for the research/study team to help plan appropriately for their project and also will allow School administration and leadership to evaluate the request for grant funding prior to submission to the sponsor agency. The form must be completed and sent via email to Michele Sisco at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 8 business days before the sponsor deadline of the grant submission.
SHP Research Office will assist with the review of your proposal budget to make sure the appropriate Institutional rates have been applied and that it meets the sponsor requirements.
Additional Budget Resources:
The Research Administration and Proposal Submission System (RAPSS) is now mandatory for All submissions (new, continuations and resubmissions) to external sponsors. Paper Endorsements are no longer accepted
Additional RAPSS Resources: