Please check back for more information on the 2020 Convocation Ceremony.
In order to be considered for a degree, an application for graduation is required. As students approach their final semester, they must submit the Application for Graduation by the deadlines to the Registrar’s Office. Once the degree audit has been conducted, students will be notified via their Rutgers email of their graduation status. If the student has been denied for the requested graduation, he/she must file a new graduation application for the next expected graduation date.
Degrees are conferred three times a year:
- January (Finishing requirements in Fall semester of the prior year)
- May (Finishing requirements in Spring semester of the same year)
- August (Finishing requirements in Summer semester of the same year)
(Some joint students may follow their affiliates graduation dates)
To recognize your academic achievements, SHP graduates will be invited to two graduation events held only once a year in May – Rutgers University Commencement at HighPoint.com Stadium in Piscataway, and the School of Health Professions Convocation at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark, NJ. For more information regarding University Commencement, please go to commencement.rutgers.edu. To get the latest information regarding SHP Convocation, please click on the SHP Convocation tab.
All degree requirements must be met before the date the degree is conferred. This includes:
- Resolution of incomplete/in progress grades (I, IP)
- Grade change (Grades will not be changed after the degree is conferred)
- Submission of major projects, thesis or comprehensive exams.
Click Here to Apply
- DO NOT submit payment with your application. A graduation fee will be assessed upon completion of program requirements at the end of the intended graduation term.
Early Application March 1
Regular Application July 1
*August graduates who wish to participate in Commencement and/or Convocation MUST apply early.
Certificates and Diplomas will only be released to graduates after confirming that all degree requirements have been met and any encumbrances have been cleared. Examples of these holds include: account balance, financial aid, library or student loans.
- Diplomas may be picked-up at our Enrollment Management Welcome Center, located at the Health Sciences-Newark campus.
Certificates and diplomas can be mailed (free of charge) by submitting a Certificate/Diploma Release Form.