Due to the COVID-19 public health crisis, SHP has cancelled all events through May 31, 2020, including Convocation. Our administrators and staff are working diligently to see if there is a possibility to postpone rather than cancel the event. More information will be released as it becomes available. We understand that many of our graduates have questions. We are expecting a communication from the University Bookstore related to cap and gown purchases, but we do not have an answer at this moment. As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to Enrollment Management by either phone or email: 973-972-5454 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the COVID-19 public health crisis, we have cancelled all events between now and May, 31, 2020, including the Graduation Fairs.
Degrees are conferred three times a year:
- January (Finishing requirements in Fall semester of the prior year)
- May (Finishing requirements in Spring semester of the same year)
- August (Finishing requirements in Summer semester of the same year)
(Some joint students may follow their affiliate’s graduation dates)
To recognize your academic achievements, SHP graduates will be invited to two graduation events held only once a year in May – Rutgers University Commencement at SHI Stadium in Piscataway, and the School of Health Professions Convocation at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark, NJ. For more information regarding University Commencement, please go to commencement.rutgers.edu.
All degree requirements must be met before the date the degree is conferred. This includes:
- Resolution of incomplete/in progress grades (I, IP)
- Grade change (Grades will not be changed after the degree is conferred)
- Submission of major projects, thesis or comprehensive exams.
Click Here to Apply
DO NOT submit payment with your application. A graduation fee will be assessed upon completion of program requirements at the end of the intended graduation term
||Early Application March 1
Regular Application July 1
- August 2020 graduates who wish to participate in Commencement and/or Convocation MUST apply early.
*August graduates who wish to participate in Commencement and/or Convocation MUST apply early.
Certificates and Diplomas will only be released to graduates after confirming that all degree requirements have been met and any encumbrances have been cleared. Examples of these holds include: account balance, financial aid, library or student loans.
- Diplomas may be picked-up at our Enrollment Management Welcome Center, located at the Health Sciences-Newark campus.
Certificates and diplomas can be mailed (free of charge) by submitting a Certificate/Diploma Release Form.