Important Information

We have compiled important information for our students below.

  • Satisfactory Academic Progress
  • FAQ
  • Student Handbook
  • VA Program Certification
  • Transcripts Request
  • De-Registration Process
  • State Authorization

If you have questions about the information on this page, contact Enrollment Management at 973-972-5454.

Students must make satisfactory progress toward completion of program requirements for graduation within the maximum time-frame listed on the school policy .

Disclosure Of Student Records – FERPA

No information from records, files and documents, and other materials which contain information directly related to a student, and which are maintained by Rutgers or by a person acting for Rutgers shall be disclosed to individuals outside the University without the consent of the student in writing, except pursuant to lawful subpoena or court order or in the case of specifically designated educational and governmental officials as required by P.L. 93-380 (The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974).

It is the policy of the School of Health Professions to forward educational records upon the written request of the student or at the request of another educational institution which states in writing that the student has applied for admission. The School shall request authorization from the student to release records to any individual, agency, or institution except as outlined in Disclosure of Student Records.

A. Student Rights

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain student’s rights with respect to their educational records. They are:

1. The right to inspect and review the student’s education records within 45 days of the day an appropriate University official receives a written request for access.
2. Students should submit to the Registrar, Financial Aid Director, Associate Dean, or other appropriate University or School official written requests that identify the record(s) they wish to inspect.

3. The right to request the amendment of education records that the student believes are inaccurate or misleading.
Students may ask the University to amend a record that they believe is inaccurate or misleading. They shall write the University official responsible for the record, clearly identify the part of the records they want changed, and specify why it is inaccurate or misleading.
If the University decides not to amend the record as requested by the student, the University will notify the student of the decision and advise the student of his or her right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment. Additional information regarding the hearing procedures will be provided to the student when notified of the right to a hearing.

4. The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student’s education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.

One exception that permits disclosure without consent it disclosure to school officials with legitimate educational interests. A school official is a person employed by the University in an administrative, supervisory, academic, research, or support staff position (including law enforcement unit personnel and health staff); a person or company with whom the University has contracted (such as an attorney, auditor, or collection agent); an administrator or faculty member from an institution with which Rutgers has an academic or clinical affiliation who has legitimate educational interest; a person serving on the Board of Trustees; or a student serving on an official committee, such as disciplinary or grievance committee, or assisting another school official in performing his or her tasks.
A school official has a legitimate interest if the official needs to review and education record in order to fulfill his or her professional responsibility.
Upon request, the University discloses education records without consent to officials of another school in which a student is, seeks, or intends to enroll.
Rutgers reserves the right to release directory information without prior written consent of a student unless notified in writing to the contrary. The following items are considered by Rutgers as Directory Information: name, date and place of birth, addresses (including electronic), phone numbers, field(s), dates of attendance, participation in official recognized activities, degrees, awards and honors received, previous school attended, photographs, internship, residency or other post-completion placements.

5. The right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by State University to comply with the requirements of FERPA. The name and address of the Office that administers FERPA are:

Family Policy Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education
600 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington , D.C. 20202-4605

SHP shall not allow a student access to:

(a) Financial records of his or her parents.

(b) Confidential letter and confidential statements of records placed in the education record prior to January 1, 1975 if the letters and statements were predicated as being confidential.

(c) Confidential letters and confidential statements of records after January 1, 1975 concerning admission, application for employment or receipt of an honor, provided that the student has waived his or her right to access.

Rutgers reserves the right to deny copies of transcripts of records in the following situations:

i. the student has an unpaid financial obligation to the University/School; and,
ii. There is an unresolved disciplinary action against the student.

  • To Third Party
    Information from educational records may be released without a student’s consent to others under the following circumstances:1. Rutgers faculty and/or staff members determined by the University to have legitimate educational interest in the requisitioned records.
    2. Appropriate officials of other colleges for students enrolled in programs with which Rutgers is conjoined.
    3. Appropriate financial aid personnel in connection with an application for or receipt of financial aid.
    4. Parents of dependent students.
    5. Under a subpoena, by lawful authorities. Authorized federal officials to include those auditing federal supported education programs as well as state officials who by statue are required to gather information from student records.
    6. In an emergency, if the knowledge obtained from the student’s record is necessary to protect the health or safety of the student or other persons.

Click here for the University Policy on the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act

Please follow the self-apply, self-pay instructions found here . The current fee for the Criminal Background Check is $75.  Please confirm that your program requires the Criminal Background Check before applying. There are no refunds for those who apply for this service and pay in error.

If you have not completed a CBC and need to do so, please follow along with the NEW student process (above).

If you have completed/paid the CBC at the time of entry and need an updated CBC, please submit the below two forms.

Enrolled Student Disclosure and Authorization Form

If you completed a Criminal Background Check and need a verification report of the results for your clinical site, please email indicating the approximate month and year in which your search was completed.

Programs Requiring CBC:

Allied Health Technologies:

Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Cardiac Sonography
Vascular Sonography
Nuclear Medicine Technology

Clinical Laboratory Sciences:

Medical laboratory Sciences
Clinical Laboratory Sciences (DCLS)
Clinical Nutrition (MS & DCN)
Diagnostic Imaging Technologies
Dietetic Internship
Health Information Management
Health Sciences (PhD, MS, BS – all concentrations)
Health Care Management
Medical Coding
Nutrition and Dietetics
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Physical Therapy (Newark & Blackwood)
Physician Assistant
Radiologist Assistant

SHP Programs NOT Requiring a Criminal Background Check:

Biomedical Informatics (PhD, MS)
Clinical Laboratory Sciences (MS)
Clinical Trials Sciences
Health Care Informatics
Psychiatric Rehabilitation (PhD, MS, BS)
Psychosocial Rehabilitation (AS)
Rehabilitation Counseling

Yes, by policy you are required to have health insurance coverage if you are full-time or a part-time student participating in a clinical course. You will automatically be billed for the school’s sponsored plan on your tuition bill unless you qualify for a waiver. The current Rutgers health insurance agent is University Health Plans (UHP) and the current carrier is United Health. More Detail

If you are a F/T student or a student participating in a clinical course and you can prove that you have comparable coverage to the University-sponsored plan, request a waiver by completing a waiver form located on the UHP web site before deadline.

Students are expected to actively monitor their billing account through the portal (  If you have been billed, you will see an entry for  the Health Insurance Fee, SHP on your account. Click Path to online bill: Portal log in >Banner Self-Service Channel on  middle column of  Welcome tab> Student Enrollment Services link  in channel >Student Records tab. You can retrieve billing and schedule information within the Student Records tab.

You can find an online waiver form at UHP Waiver Form. The form is automatically sent to UHP.

For information on waiver activation/deadline periods for the 2014-2015 year please click here.

Note: Remember to click on the submit button after you complete the form. It is essential for you to keep a printed copy of the UHP e-mailed confirmation message for your records. After submission, If UHP has any questions during the waiver review period, they will contact you directly.

Yes. You can enroll in the Rutgers/SHP-sponsored plan by completing the Optional Student Enrollment form on the University Health Plans web page and make arrangements for full payment directly to University Health Plan. Rutgers is not responsible for processing this enrollment. (Note: Students enrolling into optional plan through UHP will see in Section 1 of the Enrollment Form on the UHP site that Rutgers verification is requested. You may disregard this section. UHP will verify your eligibility through Rutgers. Please send the enrollment form and payment directly to UHP.) 

You are permitted to enroll in the Rutgers plan after the enrollment deadline if a qualifying event (loss of other coverage) occurs. Examples of qualifying events include age limit under parent’s policy, marriage, etc.. You must supply written proof that your other coverage has terminated through a qualifying event. Once you have terminated from your current insurance carrier, you have 31 days after your termination to enroll in the Rutgers student health insurance plan.

Approximately two weeks after the semester of coverage begins, United Health will e-mail policy information and an ID card to insured parties at the student Rutgers e-mail address.  New policy information should have been sent directly from United Insurance via e-mail.  Students may also contact United Health directly at: (800)-505-4160 to obtain a membership ID number.

Please contact United Health at (800)-505-4160 to request a replacement card.

Yes, you can purchase coverage for your dependents. There are specific deadlines for enrolling your dependents. Go to University Health Plans FAQ for more detail. You can obtain a copy of the dependent enrollment form by logging on to UHP website or call UHP at (800) 437-6448. (Note:  Students enrolling in optional plan through UHP will see in Section 1 of the Enrollment Form on the UHP site that Rutgers verification is requested. You may disregard this section.  UHP will verify your eligibility through Rutgers.  Please send the enrollment form and payment directly to UHP.) 

If you have been covered by this plan for 31 days, your enrollment is not refundable and you will continue to be insured through the period for which you paid.

RUHere Verification

Starting in spring 2019, all Rutgers Biomedical & Health Sciences students will be required to confirmation their registration and attendance for the term. All RBHS students must participate in RUHere or your term registration and financial aid will be cancelled.

The link for RUHere will appear when attempting to access any online system which requires log-in with your Rutgers Net ID a few weeks before the start of the semester. (i.e. email, myRutgers, learning management systems, etc). Once you log-in, you will be presented with a pop-up window where you will be able to confirm your enrollment plans for the upcoming semester. For a step by step review of the RUHere process, you can visit webpages for the Offices of Financial Aid, Registrar and Student Accounting, Billing and Cashier Services.

Please ensure you complete the RUHere process and do not log out of the system early. If you do not receive a message confirming completion of the process, then you have not reached the end of the process, and must start again.

If you are NOT planning to enroll for the upcoming semester, please respond to the RUHere prompt accordingly. For information on the SHP leave of absence and withdrawal policies and processes, please contact us at or 973-972-5454.

If you have a question regarding the RUHere process, email

Students that attempt to log-in to the student portal unsuccessfully three times will have their access pin disabled. Students will then need to contact the Rutgers Technology Service Center at 732743-3200 between the hours of 7:30am and 5:00pm , Monday through Friday to request for their portal password to be reset.  

To enter Web for Student, in the User ID field, students must enter either their Social Security Number, Rutgers e-mail name or their automated ID (A00123456). The pin by default is your birth date (MMDDYY) and is six digits long. All users will be prompted to change their access pin after immediately entering the module. Students should not enter their web registration pin received from their Program Director under the Pin field in the Banner Web for Student portal entrance. The web registration pin received from your Program Director or academic advisor is used to finalize your registration request.

The undergraduate and graduate tuition rates change each year, as approved by the Rutgers Board of Trustees. Please visit the RBHS Tuition and Fees webpage by clicking here to view the current rates.

Click here for semester registration and drop/add dates. Students registering after the priority registration period will be assessed a late registration fee.

The Welcome Center is open from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday and is located in Room 149 of the Stanley S. Bergen building in Newark . The phone number is 973 972-5454 and the fax number is 973 972-7463

University Commencement is held once a year at High Points Solutions Stadium on the Busch Campus in Piscataway in May. If you will be attending, we hope you have indicated this information on your application for graduation, If not, please advise Enrollment Management at (973) 972-5454 , Please click here to visit the University Commencement webpage for more information. This is different from the School of Health Professions Convocation, which is a separate ceremony only for SHP graduates. Convocation is also held once a year in May.

Graduates will receive their certificate/diploma from the school they pay tuition for. Prospective graduates should apply to both schools that they will be graduating from. Students that pay tuition to the affiliate school will be billed a $40.00 graduation fee from SHP after completing all program requirements and have been graduated in the system.

January graduates must submit their Application for Graduation by November 1st of each year. May graduates must submit their form by February 1st of each year. August graduates must submit their form before July 1st of each year. August graduates wishing to attending Convocation or University Commencement of that year must apply early by March 1st in order to receive important information regarding the ceremonies in May of that year.

Students who do not complete their program requirements by their expected graduation date must re-submit an Application for Graduation for the next graduation term. There are three graduations each year: January, May and August. There will be no charge or fee assessed for reapplying to graduate from the same program. Students that will not complete their degree requirements by the allotted time designated for their program (i.e. five years to complete an associate’s degree program) should advise their program director and Enrollment Management. A graduation will be assessed once you have been graduated in the system.

SHP students may request an enrollment certification by submitting the Enrollment/Graduation Verification Form, which is available online. Transcript requests can be made online at

No, students in these programs should follow their Requirements for Graduation and may confirm their registration online in the Banner Web for Student module. Students should contact their Program Director or Advisor for any questions about their registration.

Click here to log into Moodle. Students with Moodle questions should call (973) 972-9743 . Students will need to use their Rutgers e-mail.

Students can add/drop classes online in the Banner Self Service, but will be unable to drop the last class registered. This prevents students from being active but not registered. Students wishing to drop all courses must complete an Add/Drop Form. A student status from (Leave of Absence, Maintaining Matriculation, Withdrawal from Program) will be requested if registration is updated in the required semester.

All students can update their contact information directly in their Rutgers Portal. A  Change of Student Data form can also be submitted to the Office of Enrollment Management Office. Students that change from out-of-state to in-state residency should review the Residency Policy Instruction and Residency Policy and Application so that they may receive eligibility for in-state tuition (click here). Students should contact the billing department or Cashier’s Office at (973) 972-6307 to ensure that Accounts Receivable has updated this information as well so that bills may be sent to the correct address.

Prospective students can submit applications for admissions by reviewing the SHP admissions office site.

New student will receive information in their student acceptance packet about how to set-up their Rutgers e-mail account and information may be found on the New Student Orientation site. Students may contact the IS&T Support Desk at 732 743-3200 to address questions on e-mail accounts and NetID .

New students can find out what their ID is when they log into their Rutgers Account.  It is located in the Banner Self-Service tab.Each ID begins with A00 and is followed by six digits.

All new students, including students admitted to joint programs must attend the in-person or online orientation session for the School of Health Professions.

Yes, students seeking to leave must submit an Official Withdrawal from the School Form so that they may have their official student records released (i.e. official transcripts) and be cleared of all encumbrances.

Accounts Payable (973) 972-6307
Enrollment Management
– (973) 972-5454
Financial Aid (973) 972-4376
Student Loans (732) 235-9183

Certification for Veteran Student Programs

Below is a list of Government programs in which Enrollment Management will act as your Certifying Official. Each program has different procedures for certification, so make sure to read thru carefully. It is important to submit certification requests each semester to Enrollment Management. 

Students should first contact the Veterans Affairs office at 1-888-442-4551 to begin the process of applying for the GI Bill. Once contact has been made with the VA, students should submit to Enrollment Management an Enrollment/Graduation Certification Form.

Once the certification form has been submitted, Enrollment Management will confirm to the VA your registration thru the VA-ONCE website (certification requests should not be submitted until students are already registered and billed for the upcoming semester).

For information on the GI Bill, please visit the Department of Veteran Affairs website @ or call 888 442-4551.

Students are responsible for payment of their tuition and fees and should work with the VA office to receive reimbursement.

Students should first contact their Case Manager to receive an Authorization and Certification of Entrance or Reentrance into Rehabilitation and Certification Status form.  This form should be forwarded to Enrollment Management with the Case Manager’s signature signifying approval. Enrollment Management will then forward the approved form to the billing department to setup a third party billing in which tuition and fees will be billed directly to the address / fax # listed on the approved request form.

For items such as books & supplies, students will need to work directly with their VA Case Manager for reimbursement.

For information on the Vocational Rehabilitation program, please visit the Department of Veteran Affairs website: or call 1-888-442-4551.

Students should submit their approved Commander’s Certificate of Eligibility form directly to Enrollment Management. This form must be completed by the unit commander for each semester the service member requests enrollment in the program.

Once registration has been confirmed, the certificate will be forwarded by Enrollment Management to the applicable Financial Aid office for processing of awarded aid (tuition only). Please note that students must first apply for Financial Aid before submitting the Commander’s certificate.

Any questions regarding VA certification, please call Enrollment Management at 973 972-5454.

MGIB Website 

  • Search tools.
  • Links to all 4 RPOs.
  • Contact information.
  • Current Pay Rates.
  • Online Forms.
  • Certify online.
  • Overview of EDU programs.

Also find the Link for:

Ask a Question and Find Answers •  Available 24 hours / day.

  • More secure than sending an e-mail.
    •  Log-on from anywhere.
    •  Receive a response / answer on an average of 3 – 4 business days.

Make application for education benefits through VONAPP .

Here you can complete the application on line and submit it electronically:

Monthly Certification

MGIB claimants certifying enrollment may do so at the end of a month by:

  • Web Automated Verification of Enrollment on the GIBILL web site.
  • Interactive Voice Response at 877 823-2378 .

To change your address:

The WAVE system can be used to update your address and financial institution information. Just click on the WAVE link on our web site and follow the instructions to log-on to WAVE . You will see links to change your address and your Direct Deposit information on the “Main Menu” page of WAVE .

The WAVE address is 
You can also contact our direct deposit center at 877 838-2778 .

If you are unable to find an answer to your question you can call:

 888 GIBILL1 (442-4551 ) to speak with a VA representative or Education Case Manager for all questions regarding your education benefits. 800 827-1000 – Other benefits such as disability compensation and medical benefits.

Transcript Request: Click Here 


Rutgers University Transcript Application allows all current and former Rutgers students to submit requests for official transcripts online.

The documents may be picked up in person at your Registrar’s Office (65 Bergen Street – Room 149- Newark, NJ) or mailed to the address specified by requestor.

If your official transcript must be accompanied by a form (i.e. licensing verification or  CAS forms -NCAS, AMCAS) you must submit your form separately to the Registrar’s Office and your transcript request  through your transcript and form will be mailed together.

Please allow 7 – 10 business days for delivery by mail; or 5 business days if you plan to pick up your transcript. You will be notified by email once your transcript is available or has been mailed.

Accreditation and State Regulatory Authorizations for the School of Health Professions

Distance Learning/State Authorizations
The School of Health Professions at Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences offers online and distance learning opportunities for students across the country, with an emphasis on Allied Health.  SHP has designed and implemented online undergraduate and graduate programs that parallel the classroom experience, providing academic and financial provisions that allow participants to feel supported and prepared for what is next.

Current Distance Education and Clinical Status
Rutgers School of Health Professions, via Rutgers – New Brunswick, is a member institution of NJ-SARA (New Jersey – State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement). We are permitted to conduct distance education and experiential learning in all 50 states, as well as District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico.

Important Note for Current and Prospective Students: In-person and distance education programs in health professions may require additional approval from licensing boards overseeing the respective disciplines in the state where the students seek to train and/or practice. Students that reside outside the state of New Jersey, or who seek to work outside the state of New Jersey, who are considering a professional program should contact the appropriate Board in their state of residency(or the state in which they plan to practice) prior to beginning a course of study. Rutgers School of Health Profession cannot confirm whether the course(s) or program meets requirements for professional licensure in the student’s current or future state of residence and/or practice.

Complaint Resolution
SHP strives to provide the highest quality distance learning opportunities. However, if a conflict does arise, our efforts are meant to resolve your grievances, complaints, and concerns in an expeditious, fair, and amicable manner. If an issue cannot be resolved by SHP’s internal processes, you may choose to file a complaint with your state of residence. The complaint process for each state is listed below.

Complaint and State Contact Information
Students are encouraged to contact Rutgers University prior to filing a complaint with any agency. If Rutgers University is unable to satisfactorily resolve a problem, students can contact the Middle States Commission on Higher Education or one of the following agencies in New Jersey.

Middle States Commission on Higher Education
3624 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104

New Jersey Commission on Higher Education
PO Box 542
Trenton, NJ 08625

New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs
124 Halsey Street
Newark, NJ 07102

If a student resides outside of New Jersey, the student may contact the state agency that handles complaints for his or her state. Here is a list of contacts for each state in which a student may file a complaint.

Alabama Commission on Higher Education
PO Box 302000
Montgomery, AL 36130-2000

Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education
PO Box 110505
Juneau, AK 99811-0505

Alaska Office of Attorney General
Consumer Protection Unit
1031 W. Fourth Avenue, Suite 200
Anchorage, AK 99501

Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education
1400 W. Washington Street
Room 260
Phoenix, AZ 85007

Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board
Arkansas Department of Higher Education
423 Main Street, Suite 400
Little Rock, AR 72201

Attorney General’s Office
California Department of Justice
Attn: Public Inquiry Unit
P.O. Box 9044255
Sacramento, CA 94244-2550

Colorado Department of Higher Education
1560 Broadway, Suite 1600
Denver, CO 80202

Connecticut Department of Higher Education
61 Woodland Street
Hartford, CT 06105-2326
Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection
165 Capitol Avenue
Room 110
Hartford, CT 06106
Consumer Complaint Hotline: (800) 842-2649

Delaware Higher Education Office
John G. Townsend Building, suite 2
Dover, DE 19901
Delaware Attorney General
Consumer Protection Wilmington
820 N. French Street, 5th floor
Wilmington, DE 19801

District of Columbia
District of Columbia Office of the State Superintendent of Education
Higher Education Licensure Commission
8810 First Street, NE, 9th Floor
Washington, DC 20002

Florida Commission on Independent Education
325 W. Gaines Street
Suite 1414
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0400

Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission
2082 E. Exchange Pl. #220
Tucker, GA 30084-5334

Hawaii State Board of Education
P.O. Box 541, Honolulu, Hawaii 96809

Idaho State Board of Education
Attn: State Coordinator for Private Colleges and Proprietary Schools
650 West State Street
PO Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0037

Illinois Board of Higher Education
1 North Old State Capital Plaza, Suite 333
Springfield, IL 62701-1404
Institutional Complaint Hotline: (217) 557-7359

Indiana Commission for Higher Education
101 W. Ohio Street, Suite 300
Indianapolis, IN 46204

Iowa Student Aid Commission
430 E. Grand Ave., 3rd Floor
Des Moines, IA 50319

Kansas Board of Regents
1000 SW Jackson Street, Suite 520
Topeka, KS 66612-1368

Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
1024 Capital Center Dr. #320
Frankfort, KY 40601-7512
Office of the Attorney General
Capitol Suite 118
700 Capitol Avenue
Frankfort, KY 40601-3449

Louisiana Attorney General Office
Consumer Protection Section
PO Box 94005
Baton Rouge, LA 70804
1-800-351-4889 | 225-326-6465

Complaints may also be sent to: Louisiana Board of Regents, Attn: Nancy Beall or Dr. Larry Trembly, PO Box 3677, Baton Rouge, LA 70821-3677

Maine Department of Education
Anita Bernhardt – Complaints
23 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0023
Maine Attorney General
Consumer Protection Division
6 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333

Maryland Higher Education Commission
6 North Liberty Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Maryland Attorney General
Consumer Protection Division
200 St. Paul Place
Baltimore, MD 21202
Consumer Protection Hotline: (410) 528-8662

Massachusetts Board of Higher Education
One Ashburton Place
Room 1401
Boston, MA 02108

Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Bureau of Commercial Services
Licensing Division
Dept. Of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Corporations, Securities & Commercial Licensing
Schools and Licensing
PO Box 30018
Lansing, MI 48909

Minnesota Office of Higher Education
1450 Energy Park Drive, Suite 350
St. Paul, MN 55108-5227

Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation
3825 Ridgewood Road
Jackson, MS 39211-6453
Consumer Protection Division
Office of the Attorney General
State of Mississippi
PO Box 22947
Jackson, MS 39225-2947 (email)

Missouri Department of Higher Education
205 Jefferson Street
PO Box 1469
Jefferson City, MO 65102-1469

Montana Board of Regents
Office of Commissioner of Higher Education
Montana University System
2500 Broadway Street
PO Box 203201
Helena, MT 59620-3201
Montana Office of Consumer Protection
2225 11th Avenue
P.O. Box 200151
Helena, MT 59620-0151

Nebraska Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education
PO Box 95005
Lincoln, NE 68509-5005 Nebraska
Department of Education
Investigations Office
301 Centennial Mall South
PO Box 98987
Lincoln, NE 68509-4987
Nebraska Attorney General
Consumer Protection Division
2115 State Capitol
Lincoln, NE 68509
Consumer Protection Hotline: (800) 727-6432

Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education
3663 East Sunset Road
Suite 202

Las Vegas, Nevada 89120

New Hampshire
Patricia Edes
New Hampshire Department of Education
101 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301

New Jersey
New Jersey Commission on Higher Education
PO Box 542
Trenton, NJ 08625
New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development
1 John Fitch Plaza
PO Box 110
Trenton, NJ 08625-0110
New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs
124 Halsey Street
Newark, NJ 07102

New Mexico
New Mexico Higher Education Department
2048 Galisteo
Santa Fe, NM 87505

New York
New York Office of College and University Evaluation
New York State Education Department
5 North Mezzanine
Albany, NY 12234
New York Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision
New York State Education Department
99 Washington Avenue, Room 1613 OCP
Albany, NY 12234

New York State Department of State
Division of Consumer Protection
Consumer Assistance Unit
5 Empire State Plaza – Suite 2101
Albany, NY 12223-1556

North Carolina
Postsecondary Education Complaints
c/o Assistant Director of Licensure
University of North Carolina General Administration
910 Raleigh Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27515

North Dakota
Dr. Richard Rothaus, Vice Chancellor of Academic and Student Affairs
North Dakota University System
600 E. Boulevard Ave. Dept. 215
Bismarck, ND 58505-0230
(701) 328-4136
Office of Attorney General
Parrell Grossman, Director
Consumer Protection Division
Gateway Professional Center
1050 E Interstate Ave. Suite 200
Bismarck, ND 58503-5574

Ohio Department of Higher Education
25 South Front Street
Columbus, OH 43215-4183
Ohio Attorney General
Consumer Protection Section
30 East Broad Street, 14th floor
Columbus, OH 43215-3400

Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
655 Research Parkway
Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Oklahoma State Board of Private Vocational Schools
3700 Classen Boulevard Suite 250
Oklahoma City, OK 73118-2864
Oklahoma Office of the Attorney General
Consumer Protection Unit
Attn: Investigative Analyst
313 NE 21st Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73105

Oregon Higher Education Coordinating Commission
Office of Degree Authorization
775 Court Street NE, Salem, OR 97301
Oregon Attorney General
Financial Fraud/Consumer Protection Section
1162 Court Street NE
Salem, OR 97301-4096

Pennsylvania Department of Education
333 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17126-0333

Office of Attorney General
Bureau of Consumer Protection
14th Floor, Strawberry Square
Harrisburg, PA 17120
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico Council on Higher Education
PO Box 1900
San Juan, PR 00910-1900
Puerto Rico Department of Justice
PO 9020192
San Juan, PR 00902-0192

Rhode Island
Rhode Island Office of the Postsecondary Commissioner
Shepard Building
80 Washington Street, Suite 524
Providence, RI 02903
Rhode Island Department of Attorney General
Consumer Protection Unit
150 South Main Street
Providence, RI 02903

South Carolina
South Carolina Commission on Higher Education
1122 Lady St., Suite 300
Columbia, SC 29201

South Dakota
South Dakota Secretary of State
Shantel Krebs State Capitol
500 East Capitol Avenue
Pierre, SD, 57501-5070

South Dakota Office of Attorney General
Division of Consumer Protection
1302 E. Hwy 14 Suite 3
Pierre, SD 57501-8053

Tennessee Higher Education Commission
404 James Robertson Parkway
Suite 1900
Nashville, TN 37243

Texas Workforce Commission
Career Schools and Colleges – Room 226-T
101 East 15th Street
Austin, TX 78778-0001
Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
1200 E. Anderson Lane
Austin, TX 78752‐03D4‐9CCE‐40FA9F46F2CD3C9D
Office of the Attorney General
Consumer Protection Division
PO Box 12548
Austin, TX 78711-2548
Title 19 of the Texas Administrative Code, Sections 1.110-1.120 – Student Compliant Procedure$ext.ViewTAC?tac_view=5&ti=19&pt=1&ch=1&sch=E&rl=Y

Utah Division of Consumer Protection
160 East 300 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84111

Vermont Department of Education
State Board of Education
120 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05620-2501
Vermont Attorney General’s Office
109 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05609-1001

State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
101 N. 14th St.
James Monroe Building
Richmond, VA 23219

Washington Higher Education Coordinating Board
917 Lakeridge Way
PO Box 43430
Olympia, WA 98504-3430

West Virginia
West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission
1018 Kanawha Blvd E., Suite 700
Charleston, WV 25301-2800
West Virginia Office of the Attorney General
Consumer Protection Division
PO Box 1789
Charleston, WV 25326-1789

Wisconsin Educational Approval Board
30 W. Mifflin St., 9th Floor
P.O. Box 8696
Madison, WI 53708

Wyoming Department of Education
2300 Capitol Avenue
Hathaway Building, 2nd Floor
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0050
Attorney General’s Office
123 Capitol Building
200 W. 24th Street
Cheyenne, WY 82002