|Graduate Certificate – Clinical Laboratory Science
The Graduate Certificate in Clinical Laboratory Science is an online 12-credit post-professional course of study for medical laboratory professionals who hold a baccalaureate degree and are certified (BOC-ASCP). It is designed for practicing professionals who want to advance their knowledge and skills in the clinical laboratory sciences and develop new proficiencies needed to meet the challenges of a changing profession and health care system. If students are not ready to commit to the master degree program, but wish to advance their knowledge in clinical laboratory science, the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Laboratory Science is an excellent option.
Advantages of completing the Graduate Certificate in CLS
- Short course of study provides an excellent way to gain additional knowledge in CLS.
- Determines if online courses are an effective mode of learning.
- Credits completed in the Graduate Certificate in CLS may be applied to the Rutgers MS-CLS-MLS Track or DCLS programs
- 12 credits – 4 courses
- All courses are web-based (online)
While learning valuable new advanced clinical laboratory science skills, students have the opportunity to interact on a one-to-one basis with faculty and colleagues from all over the country and internationally through various online asynchronous and synchronous delivery modes/technologies.
Distinguishing Features Include:
- Flexibility of anytime, anywhere education
- Convenience of entirely on-line course offerings
- Wealth of faculty expertise in clinical laboratory science
- National and international guest lecturers who are experts in the field
- Career ladder and advanced education opportunities in the master’s program (MS-CLS MLS Track) and doctoral program (DCLS)
- Highly-regarded University reputation
Students accepted into the certificate program enroll in a non-matriculated status. Completion of the Graduate Certificate in CLS does not guarantee acceptance into other degree programs offered by the Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences or other programs offered by Rutgers.