Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Aligned with Rutgers University–New Brunswick and collaborating university wide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and five centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research.
The Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) Strategic Plan was presented by Chancellor Strom on October 13, 2014. The RBHS Strategic Plan is a five-year plan, concluding in 2019. The full version of the plan can be found here: https://rbhs-stratplan.rutgers.edu/plan/rbhs-strategic-plan
The RBHS policy library contains the specific items related to legacy-UMDNJ/RBHS faculty, staff, and students. For a complete list of Rutgers University policies, see section 1, item 7. https://academicaffairs.rutgers.edu/rutgers-biomedical-and-health-sciences-policies
RBHS Faculty Affairs: http://rbhs.rutgers.edu/facultyaffairs/
- Faculty Resource page is a collection of many critical links including Reappointment and Promotion Guidelines, Faculty Union Contracts, and Faculty Survey: https://facultyaffairs.rbhs.rutgers.edu/faculty-resources/
RBHS Faculty Council: The mission of RBHS Faculty Council is to represent the RBHS faculty in matters that affect either the entire University or all of RBHS. It allows faculty members a formal mechanism to ensure that they play an active role in shaping the academic, educational, clinical, and public service missions and activities of RBHS and the University.
Contact: Simon Kramer, RBHS Faculty Council Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org
For the most up-to-date information and forms for the RBHS Appointments and Promotions process, please visit the RBHS Faculty Affairs website at https://facultyaffairs.rbhs.rutgers.edu/appointments-promotions/
- 2018 AAUP Contract: https://academiclaborrelations.rutgers.edu/sites/default/files/2014-2018%20Faculty%20Contract%2010-6-15%20FINAL.pdf
- SHP AAUP Representatives: Ellen Anderson; email@example.com & Claire O’Connell firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2018 NJEA Contract: https://academiclaborrelations.rutgers.edu/sites/default/files/NJEA%2Ge0SHP%20Program%20Director%20Contract_7-1-14%20-%206-30-18.pdf
- SHP NJEA Representative: Deborah Josko; email@example.com