Accessing Technology And Technology Services At SHP
SHRP’s Office of Information and Instructional Technology provides support for the following hardware and software:
- Windows-based computers (desktops and laptops)
- Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 are currently supported.
- Mac OSX 10.8 thru10.11
- Microsoft Office versions 2011, 2013 & 2016*
- Advised to have the latest versions of IE, FireFox and Chrome installed.
- *SHP OIT is no longer providing the installation of Microsoft Office software to students on their personal laptops. Microsoft Office is now being offered by Rutgers University through the cloud and can be accessed through their Rutgers Connect 365 account at https://connect.rutgers.edu. Students must purchase Microsoft Office software to install locally on their own laptops.
Additionally, we offer technical support services for the following:
- Account Provisioning: for accessing various University's systems, such as Email; Printing; CORE; Moodle Learning online course system; Moodle learning management system; and Wireless network
- Network Resource Registration ( e.g., Laptop)
- Access Wireless Network
- Access to Rutgers Email
- Access to Computers in SHP Computer Labs
- Access to Network Printers
Currently, SHP does not support the following:
- Windows Vista, XP or Windows 2000
- Internet Explorer version 9, 8, or 6
- Linux - All versions
SHP expands our support of additional programs/versions as the University’s Information Systems and Technology division (IST) certifies them for use within University’s network. When using unsupported software, certain University systems may not correctly function or be accessible at all. Neither SHP nor University supports uncertified software, and may not be able to help with questions or difficulties you may have with such unsupported programs.
For all support needs:
- SHP Tech Support
- Rutgers Tech Support
- IST Service Center (24 hours) 732.743.3200
- Moodle Support: