CONGRATULATIONS! On your acceptance into the Rutgers - School of Health Professions.
Please review each of the 7 items below for instructions on how to complete the admissions process. Please note that form download and other functions may not be compatible with mobile devices.*
It is important to download, complete, and submit appropriate forms to Enrollment Services with your tuition deposit.
A. Complete by date designated within your acceptance packet.
||Applicant Response Sheet
||Requirements for Graduation
||Criminal Background Check
B. Cannot be completed until after Section A items.
||New Student Orientation
||New Student Welcome Sessions
||Academic Integrity Training/Compliance Trainings
||Waiving Health Insurance
||Register your disability with the RBHS Office of Disability Services
||New Student ID Card
** The form is included in acceptance package if required for your program.
International Students - Please click on the link to visit the Office of International Service's website. The website provides information for new and current students regarding F1's, I-20's and more.
#1 Applicant Response Sheet (required for all)
Please click on this link, review, sign and return the first page of this document. Please keep the Faculty/Student Honor Code for your records.
#2 Requirements for Graduation (required for all)
Please sign and return the Requirements for Graduation form which was included in your acceptance packet.
#3 Tuition Deposit (required for all)
Tuition deposits are required for all programs as indicated below. Pay your tuition deposit online now with a check or credit card.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy North and South Programs: $750 deposit required
- Physician Assistant Program: $700 deposit required
- Certified Medical Representative tracks of MS Health Sciences & Health Professions Education: $500 deposit required
- All other programs: $200 deposit required
#4 Criminal Background Check and Drug Testing
Instructions for a Criminal Background Check
Please follow the self-apply, self pay instructions found here. The current fee for the Criminal Background Check is $75. Please confirm that your program requires the Criminal Background Check before applying. There are no refunds for those who apply for this service and pay in error. Please visit the SHP Criminal Background Check site for detailed information on SHP's Criminal Background Check policies.
Instructions for Drug Testing
Typically all programs with a clinical component requires drug testing. Please confirm that your program requires the drug test before applying. Please follow the self-apply instructions for drug testing found here.
PLEASE NOTE: Doctorate in Physical Therapy and PA Program students only require drug testing if the clinical site requests it. Students will be informed regarding specific requirements for each clinical placement prior to the start date of their clinical experience.
#5 New Student Orientation Completion (required for all)
All new students are required to review the SHP New Student Orientation which contains important information that will be helpful to you as you begin your education with SHP. When signing your Applicant Response sheet, you will be asked to confirm that you have completed the Orientation. Please click on this Orientation link.
#6 New Student Welcome Sessions
All incoming SHP students must complete the online SHP Welcome Session before the first day of class in your first semester in your program. This session is meant to welcome our new students as well as advise of the many student support services and resources available to you as an SHP and Rutgers student. Please note that this online session is in addition to both the SHP Online Student Orientation as well as any SHP program specific orientations. For more information regarding the SHP Welcome Session including how to self- register - click on this link.
#7 Academic Integrity Training/Compliance Trainings (required for all)
All SHP newly admitted students must complete the SHP Academic Integrity Training (in Moodle) and the Compliance Trainings (in Healthstream) before the beginning of their first semester. Please visit the SHP Compliance page for specific information on accessing and completing the trainings.
Students will receive an email notification from HealthStream when they are loaded into the system and eligible to complete the trainings.
#8 Immunization Forms
SHP students are either in a designated "Web-based" program or "Traditional-based".
- Students in a Web-based Program - If your program is entirely distance and does not contain a clinical component, you are not required to submit immunization records. For those in distance programs with a clinical component please visit the Student Health website to obtain and submit the proper documentation.
- Traditional Students (Not Web-based) - Visit the Student Health website to obtain and submit the proper documentation.
#9 Waiving Health Insurance (required if waiving)
Part time students enrolled in clinical courses and all full-time students are required to have health insurance. If you have comparable insurance and do not wish to purchase the plan sponsored by Rutgers, you must waive the health insurance by clicking on this link and completing the waiver.
*** Please note that to waive health insurance you will need your Rutgers student A# (identification #) which you will receive from Enrollment Services after you have submitted your deposit and required documents ***
#10 Register your disability with the RBHS Office of Disability Services (if applicable)
#11 New Student ID Card
- To obtain an ID card please access the following link: http://iam-ipo.rutgers.edu/photosub.php. You can use that online portal to easily submit the photo you would like included on your ID Card. All new students must be registered for classes to be eligible for an ID Card. ONLINE LEARNERS ONLY: After uploading your photo, please provide your email confirmation via email@example.com. Once received, Enrollment Management will send your ID card. All other students have the option to go to any ID card office location to obtain an ID card.
- ONLINE LEARNERS ONLY: After uploading your photo, please provide your email confirmation via firstname.lastname@example.org. Once received, Enrollment Management will send your ID card. All other students have the option to go to any ID card office location to obtain an ID card.
Submission of Deposit and Required Forms
Please review the 7 Items above to assure you will be completing/submitting all requirements. Please return all appropriate items along with your tuition deposit to:
Rutgers - School of Health Professions
65 Bergen Street, Room 149
Newark, NJ 07107
* Students accepting an offer to the Joint BS in Psychiatric Rehabilitation and Psychology with Kean University need only return the Requirements for Graduation and Applicant Response Sheet in order to accept the offer of admission.
**After Enrollment Services receives all "Section A" items, you will be emailed a letter containing your ID Number, directions for account setup (my.rutgers portal), and registration information within 3-5 business days. After 5 business days, if you have not received the email, please check your SPAM folder. If the email is not in your SPAM folder, we ask that you contact Enrollment Services-Admissions for assistance.**
Please see for additional forms and admission policies:
Rutgers School of Health Professions: Admissions
For any questions regarding the admission process please contact our Enrollment Services office at (973) 972-5454.