Certificate in Peer Support
Accepting Applications Now!!!!!
CLICK HERE FOR OPEN HOUSE INFORMATION ON JUNE 5, 2018
Peer-to-peer is often the best support system for shared life experiences. Whether you are a mom who has experienced postpartum depression, a veteran who has lived with post-traumatic stress disorder, or a person in recovery from mental illness or substance abuse disorders, you can hone your skill to support others with similar experiences.
Rutgers School of Health Professions Certificate in Peer Support provides practicum experience within a specialized peer setting tailored to your current work, volunteer setting, or area or interest. The certificate develops your skills, practices, and principles for supporting others with similar life experiences.
- 12-credit hybrid program, combining online and in-person practicum experiences
- Certificate can be completed in one year, over three semesters
- Credits can be applied to undergraduate course requirements for an Associate of Science or Bachelor of Science degree
- Courses taught by experienced professionals and faculty from University Behavioral Health Care and Rutgers School of Health Professions’ Department of Psychiatric Rehabilitation and Counseling Professions
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Self-identified as a peer: you have a shared experience of disability, trauma, and/or life circumstances
To learn more or to apply, please visit our website: http://shp.rutgers.edu/dept/psyr/documents/PeerSuppCert.html or contact the Office of Enrollment Management at 973-972-5454 or via email email@example.com