CACE Overview & Step-by-Step Enrollment Process
Non‐Matriculated Status is for individuals not currently admitted to any SHP program. Non‐ Matriculated students may take up to 12 credits of course work and are not considered to be pursuing an institutional creditable (degree). Persons applying for non‐matriculation shall be required to:
- completed Non‐Matriculated Application/Registration
- submit appropriate educational/licensing credentials when requested
- submit appropriate health documents (if applicable)
- pay tuition and fees
Other documents may be required at the discretion of the program director or the program admissions committee.
Rutgers‐SHP financial aid is NOT available for non‐matriculated students. Appropriate, authorized vouchers from third party payers (U.S. Military, employers, etc.) are accepted and must be filled with the CACE office before enrollment deadlines.
For Accepted Certificate Students
- Individuals with program‐appropriate pre‐requisite knowledge are welcome to enroll as a non‐ matriculated CACE students at SHP.
- Students can take individual courses (up to twelve credits)
- Students can enroll in a Certificate Program. For detailed information about career prospects, requirements, (see listing) ‐ http://shp.rutgers.edu/dept/cace/certprog.html
- All applications for CACE non‐matriculated enrollment are subject to departmental approval and course enrollment is constrained by class size restrictions
- All completed certificate applications are forwarded to departments for review and approval
- You will be contacted by e‐mail during each step of the approval and enrollment process.
- After enrollment is completed, you will receive a login and network credentials from the CACE coordinator.
- Many of our CACE courses are online
- Non‐matriculated students who wish to pursue a Rutgers degree in the School of Health Professions apply for admission through the Office of Enrollment Services and are required to submit all documents required by the school and their respective programs even if some of these documents were on file during a previous non‐matriculated application process
- Being a non‐matriculated students does not assure admission into a degree‐granting program
Once approved, you will receive a packet of materials. When all of your required forms have been entered into records, you will be given permission to enroll as a non‐matriculated student. It will be your responsibility to match your sequence of enrollment with the course(s) Listed in the program requirements document that you have signed and submitted.
Required Admission Documents
- Program Requirements Document
- Academic Integrity Certificate
- If requested by the CACE Coordinator
Accepted Certificate Student Forms:
o Health/Immunization and Criminal Background forms
Ready to Apply for a Certificate Program!
Click here: Online CACE Certificate Application
Ready to Apply for an Individual Course!
Click here: On-line
Address: SSB Building, 65 Bergen Street, Room 149, Newark, NJ 07107-3001
Phone: 973-972-5454 Fax:973-972-7463