Rutgers SHP Entry-Level, Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program is located in the Stanley S. Bergen Building, 65 Bergen Street, in Newark, New Jersey. It is a full- time, three year, day program beginning each year in August.
October 1st is the APPLICATION DEADLINE! (No submissions are accepted by PTCAS after this date)
There are several routes of entry into the Rutgers SHP DPT program.
Applicants are selected using the following criteria:
- College graduates with a bachelor's degree in any major, who have completed all of the pre-requisites (see pre-requisites listed below) should apply to RBHS-Newark by October 1.
- The Rutgers SHP Doctor of Physical Therapy program also has a 3+3 Program Option. This program incorporates articulation agreements with several state and private colleges/universities in the NJ/NY area.
- The Rutgers SHP physical therapy program does not discriminate in admissions or access to its programs and activities on the basis of race/color, national origin, ethnicity, religion/creed, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation or veteran's status.
- Competitive grade point average (A-B range)
- GRE scores-Competitive scores on all three sections (verbal,quantitative and analytical) of the Graduate Record Examination. Note: scores are submited via PTCAS.org, the Program code is 7636.
- Knowledge of the physical therapy profession demonstrated employment or volunteer experience. There is no minimum number of required hours, but the experience needs to be long enough to obtain a favorable Physical Therapist recommendation
- The strength of recommendations from three sources; two from physical therapists and one from an employer, educational or professional acquaintance.
- Evidence of community service and /or leadership
- A personal interview may be required
- Evidence of completion with a grade of C or better in the following classes -
|Human Anatomy and Physiology w/ labs
|General Chemistry w/ labs
|General Physics w/ labs
|College Level Math-Pre-calculus, Calculus, Trigonometry or Geometry
For additional information, please call (973)-972-9484