spacer_image spacer_image spacer_image

Rutgers SHP
Rutgers SHP Home
About Us

Veterans: SHP Process

Certification for Veteran Student Programs

Below is a list of Government programs in which Enrollment Services will act as your Certifying Official. Each program has different procedures for certification, so make sure to read thru carefully. It is important to submit certification requests each semester to Enrollment Services.

Active Duty / Reserve GI Bill Program

Students should first contact the Veterans Affairs office at 1-888-442-4551 to begin the process of applying for the GI Bill. Once contact has been made with the VA, students should submit to Enrollment Services an Enrollment/Graduation Certification Form, which is available on the SHP website under the Enrollment Services/Registrar/Forms section.

Once the certification form has been submitted, Enrollment Services will confirm to the VA your registration thru the VA-ONCE website (certification requests should not be submitted until students are already registered and billed for the upcoming semester).

For information on the GI Bill, please visit the Department of Veteran Affairs website @ or call 1-888-442-4551.

Students are responsible for payment of their tuition and fees and should work with the VA office to receive reimbursement.

Vocational Rehabilitation Program

Students should first contact their Case Manager to receive an Authorization and Certification of Entrance or Reentrance into Rehabilitation and Certification Status form. This form should be forwarded to Enrollment Services with the Case Manager's signature signifying approval. Enrollment Services will then forward the approved form to the billing department to setup a third party billing in which tuition and fees will be billed directly to the address / fax # listed on the approved request form. 

For items such as books & supplies, students will need to work directly with their VA Case Manager for reimbursement.

For information on the Vocational Rehabilitation program, please visit the Department of Veteran Affairs website @ or call 1-888-442-4551.

New Jersey National Guard Tuition Program

Students should submit their approved “Commander's Certificate of Eligibility” form directly to Enrollment Services. This form must be completed by the unit commander for each semester the service member requests enrollment in the program.

Once registration has been confirmed, the certificate will be forwarded by Enrollment Services to the applicable Financial Aid office for processing of awarded aid (tuition only). Please note that students must first apply for Financial Aid before submitting the Commander's certificate.

Any questions regarding VA certification, please call Enrollment Services at (973) 972-5454.


Rutgers School of Health Professions



© 2013, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. All rights reserved.


spacer_image spacer_image