All new students are required to complete the following SHP Academic Integrity and Compliance Training modules before the first day of the semester (please note specific programs may have early deadlines which must be followed):
- Professional Compliance
- Rutgers University General Ethics and Compliance (replaced previous Rutgers Code of Conduct)
- SHP Academic Integrity Training
Failure to complete these trainings will lead to a Student Affairs hold being placed on student accounts affecting upcoming registration. Students will receive an email notification from HealthStream when they are loaded into the system and eligible to complete the trainings.
Compliance Training - HIPAA, EMTALA, Professional Compliance & Rutgers Code of Conduct (Accessing HealthStream)
The video below provides the steps to access your Healthcare Compliance training requirements.
(Instructions to Access Compliance Training - Video Transcript)
Compliance Training Instructions
1) Log into to the my.rutgers.edu portal
2) Click on "My APPS"
3) Click on "Mandatory Compliance Training"
4) Select “I AM A STUDENT” for the best description of your job function
5) When you log in to the program you must first set up your account by going to “Account Settings” which is found at the bottom- right of the HealthStream page directly under “Sitemap” (the exact location may vary based on your browser, but “Account Settings” will appear somewhere at the bottom of the page). When you go to “Account Settings” scroll to the question marked: “Select the best description of your job function.” Click on the drop-down menu and select the appropriate response: ”I AM A STUDENT.”
6) Next click the green “Save Account Settings” button.
7) After you receive a notice that your settings have been saved successfully, click the “To Do” tab at the top of the page.
On that page you will find the appropriate trainings assigned based on your job function. Please make sure that your pop-up blocker is turned off before you begin the training.
Any questions regarding the HIPAA training module should call the Rutgers Office of Enterprise Risk Management, Ethics, and Compliance @ 973-972- 8093.
SHP Academic Integrity Training Module (Complete in Moodle)
To complete the SHP Academic Integrity Training in Moodle, please visit the SHP Academic Integrity Training website by clicking here. For the remaining 4 trainings, students will complete the modules within the online HealthStream training system (see below).